What a whirlwind of a week. I had my first exam of the semester and it took some serious focus to get my head back in the game for this one. I have been busy with school and work but have still found a way to have some fun. 😉
I went to Las Vegas for the first time since turning 21 with all my gal pals! We all had a good time and we, naturally, came back exhausted. After a little bit of rest and a lot of studying, we all survived that first exam and now I am getting ready to begin studying for the next one! Ahhh, it never ends…that’s okay people, I knew what I signed up for. I told you I’d be picking 5 things/topics/foods to talk about so here we go…
- As I mentioned, I was in Vegas. While I was there, I couldn’t pass up going to Hershey’s and M&M world so my dear friend Kelsey and I found our way over there and while we were at Hershey’s World, I could not resist a chocolate-covered rice krispie treat with Reese’s pieces on it…AND it was on a stick…I mean, would you have said no?
- I wanted to share a delicious smoothie bowl I made. I realize that I haven’t shared any on my website even though I am obsessssssed, but you can always check them out on my Instagram (@sassynsnappea). The best part about these smoothie bowls is you make your base and then throw whatever toppings you want on top. On top of this one, I put: granola, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, cacao nibs and dried blueberries. Here is what my smoothie base is made out of:
- Frozen banana
- Cashew milk (my favorite nut milk so far)
- Philosophie Green Dream powder
- A couple weeks back (I know…I said it would be from the previous week but I am still catching up!) I went and had delicious brunch with the aforementioned Kelsey and we went to a local place called Prep & Pastry (look it up if you’re ever in Tucson) that serves various flavored mimosas and I tried the blueberry lemon one…yum.
- Loved this view from my desk the other morning. I thought it was so funny to be drinking out of a cup that says “Keep Calm and Party On” while studying all weekend for my Monday exam, so here’s a pic for you to enjoy and (hopefully) giggle along with me.
- Finally, the first bottle of wine I have ever bought. Found this gem at Sprouts. I will just say that I love Hatch green chiles and I am quite fond of wine, so I put 2 and 2 together and decided I just HAD to buy this…I am still working up the courage to try it, but as soon as I do, you will be the first to know 😉
That’s all for now people! (Bonus points if you notice how I tried to alternate the healthy and unhealthy 😉 ) I hope everyone has a beautiful week and good luck getting over that hump.